BSIS Firearms Training Manual - October
Please note: This is a
copyright of BSIS and is provided for the benefit of students. As a
state-licensed BSIS training facility, we are providing this for
instruction to our students seeking the guard card.
Oceanside, California 92054
United States of America
Phone: (310) 490-3697
CLICK TO PAY FOR A
Home - Security
Who We Are
Our Other Locations
BACK TO MAIN PAGE
student can not comply with this condition and
responsibility, then do not participate in this training course and
do not carry a weapon on duty. A guard may be held responsible,
criminally prosecuted and sentenced to prison for using a firearm on
duty if there was not a clear and immediate threat to the guardís
life or to another personís life. A primary objective of firearm
training is to clearly communicate that a firearm may be used only
to protect and preserve life.
The Protection and Preservation of Life:
Requirements for Use of Deadly Force:
- A firearm may be used only when there is a clear and present danger
- A firearm may be used only when other defensive methods are
inappropriate or have failed.
A FIREARM MUST NEVER BE USED FOR ANY OF THE
- To apprehend a fleeing suspect.
- To demonstrate authority.
- To psychologically "impress" others.
- As an aggressive or offensive weapon.
AVOID POTENTIAL DANGER AND DO NOT:
- Handle a firearm recklessly.
- Practice an unauthorized and unsafe "quick-draw."
- Draw a firearm to frighten someone.
- Fire a warning shot.
- Fire at suspicious objects (such as movement in a brush or in the
direction of a strange noise).
- Fail to thoroughly examine the physical condition of all firearm
parts, including ammunition.
A firearm may be used ONLY if there is an imminent
danger of death or serious bodily injury to the guard or to another
person and there is no other option available to avoid or neutralize
Each student is expected to be familiar with each
section of this manual. The instructor is expected to adequately
cover each section to assure that the student has had the
opportunity to review and understand the material and the law and
what consequences may follow for violating the law.
LEGAL RESTRICTIONS, STATUTES, CODES, REGULATIONS AND INSTRUCTOR
(310) 490-3697 for Security Training in San Diego
| PREVIOUS | TABLE OF
Training All rights reserved. Webmaster Ruperto Elpusan Jr.